2013 Livestreaming Information
We will begin Livestreaming on this page
on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 1 pm.
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support:
Video Streaming Technical Support
(519) 496-6829 tel/txt
BBM PIN: 28B4954A
Host a TEDxWaterloo Viewing Party
We encourage you to consider hosting a TEDxWaterloo 2013 viewing party of the live video feed of the event on March 27th. Please register your event – see form below - (no matter how small) so we can keep you up to date with materials and last-minute updates.
Hosting a TEDxWaterloo 2013 viewing party is easy. All you need is:
- space to host the event
- people to invite
- a computer with a current web browser and Adobe Flash plugin
- a large enough screen (or projector) and speakers to permit attendees to clearly see and hear the talks
- a reliable internet connection, preferably with a 1.6Mbps downlink, and a dedicated link if you expect others within your organization will be simultaneously streaming the event to their desks
On the day of the event, please point your viewing computer’s web browser to theTEDxWaterloo 2013 Video Stream (link will be live closer to the event), and adjust the Flash video stream to display in fullscreen mode for the best viewing experience.
As host of the event, we’ll ask you to be one of our representatives to those participating. You’ll help to facilitate discussions among your viewing party participants during the day, including during scheduled discussion breaks in the morning and afternoon, and over lunch. For documenting aspects of your event, we ask that you keep a count of the number of participants you have throughout the day, and take a picture or two so that we can profile your group’s involvement in the event. A viewing party can be for the full day, or part of the day the choice is yours!
Please adhere to the following:
- Viewing parties must be held in a non-commercial venue. This means in a home, office, school, library, nonprofit organization, or community center. You cannot hold a TEDx viewing party in a commercial venue such as a restaurant or coffee shop.
- TEDx viewing parties must be free of charge to all attendees.
- You may not attach any type of advertising or sponsor messages to the webcast.