Watch TEDxWaterloo Online
The livestreaming of TEDxWaterloo is now complete. Thank you for watching.
- Accelerator Centre: Register for the livestreaming event here: http://guestli.st/89652
- Wilfrid Laurier University: will also be hosting livestream events at “The Wilf’s Den” and in the Science Building N1044/1056. (And maybe the Hawk’s Nest!)
- The Chrysalids Theatre: Hosting 400 “Future Forums” students from the Waterloo Region School Board. (This is not open to the general public)
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com.
For technical support:
Video Streaming Technical Support
(519) 496-6829 tel/txt
BBM PIN: 28B4954A
After Party: This event is now complete. We had a riot!
There are a very limited number of TEDxWaterloo After-Party only tickets available for purchase. The after-party includes food, drinks and a cash bar as well as live entertainment and an oppotunity to meet and connect with TEDxWaterloo attendees, speakers & organizers. If you are attending TEDxWaterloo, there is no need to purchase a separate after party ticket.
Host Your Own TEDxWaterloo Viewing Party
We encourage you to consider hosting a TEDxWaterloo 2012 viewing party of the live video feed of the event on March 21st. Please register your event – see form below - (no matter how small) so we can keep you up to date with materials and last-minute updates.
Hosting a TEDxWaterloo 2012 viewing party is easy. All you need is:
- space to host the event
- people to invite
- a computer with a current web browser and Adobe Flash plugin
- a large enough screen (or projector) and speakers to permit attendees to clearly see and hear the talks
- a reliable internet connection, preferably with a 2mbps downlink, and a dedicated link if you expect others within your organization will be simultaneously streaming the event to their desks
On the day of the event, please point your viewing computer’s web browser to theTEDxWaterloo 2012 Video Stream (link will be live closer to the event), and adjust the Flash video stream to display in fullscreen mode for the best viewing experience.
As host of the event, we’ll ask you to be one of our representatives to those participating. You’ll help to facilitate discussions among your viewing party participants during the day, including during scheduled discussion breaks in the morning and afternoon, and over lunch. For documenting aspects of your event, we ask that you keep a count of the number of participants you have throughout the day, and take a picture or two so that we can profile your group’s involvement in the event. A viewing party can be for the full day, or part of the day the choice is yours!
Please adhere to the following:
- Viewing parties must be held in a non-commercial venue. This means in a home, office, school, library, nonprofit organization, or community center. You cannot hold a TEDx viewing party in a commercial venue such as a restaurant or coffee shop.
- TEDx viewing parties must be free of charge to all attendees.
- You may not attach any type of advertising or sponsor messages to the webcast.